Spring in Utah/ Home update

It has been a normal spring, with warm weather, cold weather, rain, snow, wind and sunshine. You name the weather, and we have had it. Well, except for tornadoes, hurricanes and blizzards. LOL!
I love watching the crocus bloom, then the tulips. Now my gladiolas are coming up and the trees are almost completely full of leaves. The grass is turning green. I just planted a weeping white pine and a cut leaf sumac. I love the look of the sumac tree in the winter with its little "torches."
I have been tearing apart my gazebo, with the end result being less lattice and more corrugated galvanized steel. I do love my ripply silver medal! I have hung a chain for the wisteria to grow up and over. I finally found a place for my metal trellis. Hopefully I can finish the gazebo project by Memorial Day!
Otherwise, I have planted a ton more perennials, sunflowers, and grasses. The grass seed is finally growing where we had the giant stump removed from the yard last fall.
Inside the house, we are still without back splash and vent hood. That will be one of our early summer projects. We will also be tiling the front porch steps and area under the front "porch."  The main floor bath will get a complete remodel with new shower, vanity and tile. It is one of the ugliest rooms in the house and needs the revamp! Lastly, I have a lot of painting inside to finish that project. Half of the ceiling in the kitchen great room needs to be painted, along with half the walls and up the stairs. The basement hallway needs to be painted, as do the upstairs bathrooms and the master bedroom. Any takers on helping? LOL!

Comments

Popular Posts