Chicken and Rice casserole

Last night I made a dish that I was hoping the family would like. Apparently they did like it. Kris said to add it to the "list" and the boys both liked it. I figure I need to write it down.

Here are the ingredients: around 2 cups rotisserie chicken, around 2 cups cooked brown rice, 1 can tomatoes for chili, 1 can great northern beans, 2 cobs fresh cooked corn, cut off the cob and some left over chopped green chiles from the can.
1) puree the great northern beans until smooth.
2) add that other ingredients to the beans.
3) Bake, covered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
4) Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.

So, I don't eat much dairy and that is why I pureed the beans. It makes this recipe "creamy" without adding a lot of cheese. Plus, the fewer ingredients for Erik to "pick out" the better! One could definitely make this with cheese in it. Normally I would have sauteed onions and put them in this, but I was out. Most likely I would have pureed them with the beans to hide them from Erik. LOL!

Comments

Popular Posts